Home Kitchen Remodeling In Time for the Holidays.
The holidays are a time to be filled with laughter, family, and friends. Are you planning on hosting some of the family festivities over the holidays? Don’t let it stress you out!
Instead, you can make the holidays a breeze with our tips on upgrading your kitchen for roomy functionality and avoiding any post-meal stressors.
Whether it’s upgrading appliances to be ready for the extra wear and tear of the holiday season, cabinet doors that need replacing, or kitchen windows simply need some festive window treatments, there’s plenty you can do.
Whether you keep simple and use Christmas decor for the kitchen to make it holiday-ready, or you decide to revamp your entire kitchen, we have got tips and tricks to make your Christmas in the kitchen renovations Merry and Bright.
Kitchen renovation for holiday preparation.
**Click to auto scroll by section
- Home Kitchen Remodeling Made Easy for the Holidays.
- The Holiday Kitchen Remodel Checklist.
- Best Stoves for Cooking Large Holiday Meals.
- Best Refrigerators to Maximize Space.
- The Best Small Appliances for Holiday Cooking.
- Christmas in the Kitchen Doesn’t Need to be Stressful.
- Prepare the Dining Room!
- Avoid the Stress of the Kitchen Clean Up.
- LoadUp is Here to Help make the Holidays a Breeze.
The Holiday Kitchen Remodel Checklist.
During the holidays, your kitchen appliances tend to get more use than any other time of year. If you haven’t updated your appliances in a while, doing a small home kitchen remodeling job before the holidays can mean making your meals even easier to prepare.
Cooking large holiday meals are a challenge on smaller, older appliances, and the holidays are the best time to treat yourself anyway! So have yourself a Merry Christmas in the kitchen with a new appliance like a stove, refrigerator, microwave, or kettle.
Holiday Gas Stoves For Large Holiday Meals.
The best stoves and ovens you can find for large families or for preparing large holiday meals will have specific characteristics. For example, you’ll want to look for an induction cooktop.
They are more efficient than a gas or electric stovetop, which means your utility bill is less in the long run, even if the initial cost is more. They also protect little fingers since the cooktops aren’t hot to the touch.
You also want to look for a stove that is easy to clean and has plenty of burners. Once you find your replacement cooktop and oven, you will need to remove the old stove to have space for your guests. That’s where LoadUp’s convenient removal services come in to help you better prepare for the holiday season.
Best Refrigerators to Maximize Space.
The refrigerator is another primary appliance you will use to prepare for the holidays. You need a refrigerator that maximizes the amount of space. That’s important as you are cooking, but even more so once you have finished and need somewhere to put the heaps of leftovers.
It is also essential to find a refrigerator that regulates temperature well. Ensure the reviews don’t say anything about warm spots in the refrigerator. These can cause your food to spoil.
Get old, clunky refrigerator removal with LoadUp’s help as soon as you get the new one.
Need a bulky appliance removed? LEARN MORE ❯
The Best Small Appliances for Holiday Cooking.
Other small appliances that are often quite useful for holiday cooking include microwaves, toasters, and kettles. All these small appliances make it easier to prepare food or warm it up for an afternoon snack after opening gifts and before the day’s main meal.
It is just as important to update small appliances instead of using old, outdated appliances. Replacing small appliances is also one of the easy kitchen updates since buying them doesn’t have to break the bank.
Make Christmas in the Kitchen Easier Than Ever.
You don’t have to let Christmas and baking for the holidays stress you out! Instead, let LoadUp help you get through it smoothly with these tips and tricks to keep the host of the holidays clean and organized during the merry season.
- Sharpen knives in advance: There are so many things that need cutting, dicing, chopping, and slicing during the holidays. Having a kit of sharp knives will mean getting through each of these jobs more efficiently, making each meal prep session faster.
- Keep the oven clean: Each time you use the oven, you should give the pans a rinse. For example, you could soak the bottom pan with soap and water before rinsing it out, so it is ready for another future use. This will stop it from burning fallen bits over and over again until they become one with your oven.
- Have a steady supply of ice: Does your refrigerator make ice? Ensure that this feature is turned on and functioning properly to keep people’s drinks chilled. You don’t want to have to run out into the cold to grab more because you didn’t have enough prepared.
- Assign a dishes crew: Do you know what takes away from your beautiful Christmas kitchen decor? A pile of dishes a mile high. Take care of these by allowing a crew to take care of them as you work through cooking the courses. Whether you have a dishwasher or your asked one of your guests because you need remove the broken fridge, keep them on top of it so the kitchen can keep running smoothly.
- Give the refrigerator food zones: Even with a huge refrigerator, you may find that you run out of space. Limit the possibility of this happening by making a list of everything you will cook and assigning places in the refrigerator for those things. Then, if anyone else has anything they need to put in, they can slide it around these assigned slots.
Prepare the dining room!
Christmas kitchen decor doesn’t just have to be about stringing some lights up or putting out Christmas decorations. You can make it more festive by upgrading your dining room area, the focal point, to prepare for guests. Holiday decorating ideas come in all shapes and sizes.
For example, get some new chairs and a new table that can accommodate more of your family or comfortable furniture that encourages long conversations and laughter.
Although a fair chunk of our holidays is spent around the Christmas tree, the next favorite spot for the season is often the dining room. ‘Tis the year to make the room that much more inviting with new china or that dining room set you have been eyeing.
And when all is said and done, LoadUp removes the old tables and chairs to help you welcome in the new. We even offer a disassembly service to make it easier to take out.
Avoid the Stress of Kitchen Clean Up.
After the festivities are over, kitchen clean up can be stressful since, at that point, all you want to do is settle in with your family and enjoy the rest of your time together.
Make it easier on yourself by keeping the kitchen cleaned as you cook with the dishes crew we mentioned earlier. Then, all you need to take care of after the meal is the eating mess. Assign jobs to the rest of your guests to make it easier.
You should have one person boxing up leftovers for your family to take when they leave. Another couple can wash the dishes while one or two more dry them. Finally, put someone in charge of the trash.
If you notice the trash quickly stacking up, particularly after the presents are unwrapped, you might find it’s too much to wait for traditional pickup. Instead, use LoadUp’s bulk trash pickup and our junk removal service to keep your home looking as good as it did before.
LoadUp is Here to Help make the Holidays a Breeze.
With LoadUp, you can make the holidays a breeze. Update your kitchen, dining room and living room without having to worry about clutter and clean out the trash before it has the chance to stack up.
We help you with refrigerator removal, oven disposal, and even small appliance removal.
Booking with us means you get a guaranteed price for our on-demand services, especially during the holidays. So whether you need us there before your holiday starts or to take care of bulk trash removal, we will be there for you once everything is said and done!
🧑🍳❓Wondering who can help with kitchen upgrades? Little time before the family arrives? Rely on our Loaders to not only haul off old appliances for cheap, but also assemble new ones safely! See our options online and as always, you’ll get a guaranteed price!
Related Articles from the Trash Talk blog: