Know the qualities of a dependable rubbish removal service before committing to a trash pickup company.
Rubbish. It’s not just a word for “trash” that comes from Australian, British, and New Zealand slang. No matter what you call it, whether waste, refuse, junk, garbage, litter, debris, or any other word, one thing is certain: it needs to be disposed of properly.
Maybe you’re getting ready for a big move or you’re cleaning out all the clutter in your house. In any case, you need help removing rubbish you don’t want but can’t throw away with regular garbage in the rubbish bin. Here’s where to start.
How to Find Dependable Garbage Pickup Services:
**Click to auto scroll by section
- Signs You Need Professional Rubbish Removal
- Characteristics to Look for in Rubbish Pickup Services
- Provide Earth-Friendly Disposal Methods
- Show Good Reviews Across the Internet
- Offer Full Service Junk Removal
- Execute Super Fast Service
- Give Honest Price Estimates
- Book the Best Rubbish Removal Team Nearby
Signs You Need Professional Rubbish Removal
There are likely plenty of charities and organizations in your community that will happily take it off your hands to give to others or sell in their shops to raise money or support their services.
However, charities and thrift stores are not places to get rid of old, useless junk. These charities need gently used items that someone can utilize in today’s world.
But what can you do with your old stuff that is really just junk? Well, you can request a special collection and take it to the curb for municipal garbage disposal, or if it’s too big and heavy to haul to the curb or your supposed dependable garbage pickup service won’t take it, you can choose to have a rubbish removal company dispose of it for you.
More From the Trash Talk Blog: 10 Reasons We Love to Clean Our Home ❯
Characteristics to Look for in Rubbish Pickup Services
You don’t want to choose just any rubbish removal service, though. Here are the top 5 things to look for when choosing the right junk removal company.
1. Provide Earth-Friendly Disposal Methods
Your junk doesn’t necessarily have to end up in a landfill. Your junk can still be valuable to others, so a reputable junk removal company will have relationships with local charities and recycling services. That’s why many people use junk removal companies as a way to divert as much of their waste from landfills as possible.
There are some rubbish haulers that will simply take your unwanted items straight to the dump after removing rubbish, but the best junk services find ways to recycle, reuse, or donate the stuff they pick up. If you have some unwanted items you would like to donate to a local charity but can’t get your donation to the donation center, the right junk removal company may be able to do it for you.
More From the Trash Talk Blog: How to Get Rid of Garage Clutter ❯
2. Show Good Reviews Across the Internet
Obviously, you want to have some sort of idea of what to expect before you choose a junk removal company. You can learn about the experiences of a company’s other customers by checking online. Websites devoted to customer reviews, such as Yelp, Google Reviews, and Angie’s List should have ratings and reviews of most rubbish removal services in your area.
When looking at reviews, pay attention to how the company handled bad experiences. Check the Better Business Bureau for ratings of how companies resolve customer complaints. It’s normal for even the best junk removal company to have negative reviews. Life, accidents and miscommunication happen, but it’s how a company handles these problems that count.
3. Offer Full Service Junk Removal
The junk removal company you finally choose should be capable of removing all your junk without you having to bag it up and take it all down to the curb yourself. Especially if you have a lot of junk and/or bulky, heavy items, you’ll want to find a full-service removal company that will take the items from where they are inside your home and carry them directly to their truck.
A good rubbish hauler removes just about anything other than hazardous waste. Every junk removal company has exceptions to what they take, so ensure to ask about their policies.
No time to haul it yourself?BOOK ONLINE ❯
4. Execute Super Fast Service
You’re here because you need help removing rubbish, so we imagine you don’t want it sitting around your house for weeks or months. A good junk removal company should be able to provide service within a day or so after booking.
A dependable rubbish hauler will also be prepared to have the proper tools and equipment to get the job done efficiently, as long as you alert them to any special requirements such as disassembly or other potential issues. Remember, the whole reason you’re using a junk removal service is to get rid of your unwanted stuff easily.
More From the Trash Talk Blog: The Real Cost of Dumpster Rental ❯
5. Give Honest Price Estimates
Once you’ve done your research and gathered a list of potential choices, call each junk removal company to ask any questions and get some quotes. Be careful of rubbish haulers with exceptionally high or particularly low pricing.
Most junk removal companies will require an on-site estimate appointment. This type of removal service will quote based on the approximate volume of your junk.
A good rubbish removal company provides you an all-inclusive price for your trash pickup service upfront. It should be clear what is and what isn’t included in the pricing.
Book the Best Rubbish Removal Team Nearby
LoadUp’s mission is to provide you exceptional service with honesty and transparency. We work with local, vetted professionals across the nation to offer quality customer experiences and convenient solutions so you can simply get unwanted stuff out of the way.
Why choose LoadUp’s reliable rubbish pickup service near you:
- Eco-friendly. Instead of sending thousands of tons of rubbish to local landfills, LoadUp uses eco-friendly disposal methods such as donating items to local charities or taking unusable junk to local facilities for recycling. We know you don’t want to contribute to pollution and landfill crowding, and hey, we don’t either.
- Highly rated. We’re proud to have an average customer rating of 4+ stars across all our reviews platforms. Upon pickup completion, LoadUp sends a request to each and every one of our customers to publicly rate and review our service. We want to know what we’re doing right and how we can become even better, and we want our potential customers to know, too.
- White-glove experience. LoadUp is synonymous with full-service junk removal. We provide home-to-truck removal service at no additional charge. We figure, why even point to your junk when you don’t have to lift a finger? If you can’t be there or feel more comfortable leaving your items outside, we also offer curbside pickup service.
- Fast & flexible scheduling. When you book junk removal with LoadUp, you can have your rubbish hauled away as soon as the next day. We’re even currently rolling out on-demand service in select areas, and the average pickup only takes our Loaders 15 minutes or less to complete once they arrive.
- Online, upfront prices. LoadUp is shaking up the junk removal industry with online upfront, honest pricing. We save time by letting you know exactly how much it costs before you book a single appointment. We believe getting a fair price should be fast and easy instead of an awkward on-site visit.
We strongly believe it’s our job to make sure our rubbish removal and junk hauling services help make your life easier, not more stressful. That’s why we take extreme care to respect your space, your property, and your time. You shouldn’t be worrying about the work we’re doing, just enjoying the benefits of it.
Ready for a modern trash pickup service?CHECK PRICING ❯
Related Articles from the Trash Talk blog: